This quarantine period made us all stay at home and had us do what we love to do as Filipinos – satisfy our food cravings while eating with the whole family.
Since going to the gym now is still a “no-no”, getting rid of the weight gained during quarantine won’t be an easy task. But here are some basic gym equipment you can set-up at home to help you push with #BalikAlindog2020 and say goodbye to all your quarantine-weight gained:
– It is important to select the appropriate weight of your dumbbells. Exercises using dumbbells provide an effective low-calorie burn and will help you increase your muscle growth and strength.
– Calorie burn: 163 calories for a 45-minutes weight-training exercise/session
– Price range: PHP 500 – PHP 2,000
– Kettlebell workout will improve your overall strength, core power, balance, flexibility, and coordination. It will also help you have healthy and lean muscles.
– Calorie burn: 20 calories/minute, 400; 400 calories during a typical 20-minute kettlebell workout
– Price range: PHP 600 – PHP 2,000
– This exercise is harder than it looks but it’s worth the fantastic cardio you get. It helps burn your major calories and improves your coordination and bone density.
– Calorie burn: 10 calories in a minute; more than 200 calories in two 10-minute sessions
– Price range: PHP 150 – PHP 600
– This is the most common gym equipment, of course, your home gym would not be complete without this. Weightlifting improves athletic performance and the best way to shape your muscles.
– Calorie burn: 68 calories/hour
– Price range: PHP 5,000 – PHP 8,000 /session
– To make you feel comfortable doing your exercise, particularly your ab workout or push-ups, an exercise or yoga mat is a must.
– Price range: PHP 200 – PHP 1,000